Upcoming event


Share ni sa uban ha?


Facebook



"Consider your origins: you were not made that you might live as brutes, but so as to follow virtue and knowledge." "I do not wish to hide my origins, nor do I seek to make it a subject of conversation. I am what I am."

Proud as i am once a seminarian.




POPE JOHN XXIII SEMINARY


any concern contact us at xsembros@gmail.com

(unsaon pag pa member? below the flag counter, click 'join this site' or 'Follow' button then sign in.. mana.)



see related link:

Pope John XXIII Seminary

San Carlos Seminary College

What's on my mind

Satan's Conversion: possible or probable?

One morning in the chapel, during the meditation, I was reading a book containing the homilies of Msgr. Socrates Villegas at the Edsa Shrine. I found his homilies a great aid to prayer. They moved my heart and elevated my mind because they were always well prepared. I am sure that the preparation that goes into each of Msgr. Villegas' homilies is evident in the soundness of doctrine, coherence of ideas, and the propriety of expression. His homilies reminded me of supernatural truths, which were the surest, and the most secure guide for our Christian life. As I was reading one of his homilies, I was struck by a certain passage, which says:


"Do you believe in the grace of God? If you do, how come you have closed yourself by passing judgment on others so easily? If you still believe in the grace of God, you must believe that the worst sinner can still convert." With that, I then arrive at an idea of the conversion of the worst sinner who is Satan himself to Catholicism. And if that happens, then for sure. . .the majority, if not all, will be saved.


Lucifer, a.k.a Satan, was an archangel before he rebelled and rose to power. He was in charge of the light in the universe. Among the angels and archangels, he was the most powerful. He was next to the throne of God. Thus, he wanted to be like God. He wanted to be the Supreme Being He wanted to reign God's creation - all because of his pride. He was a fallen archangel.


The idea, I think, of the conversion of Satan is possible. Every creation of God, I believe, is good. Satan is one of God's creations. Therefore Satan is good. I can't think of Satan as the other Alpha and the Omega. And with that, I know that change is possible.


On second thought one of my classmates opposes to my idea that according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, it is impossible. "Pure spirits are unforgivable. It is the irrevocable character of their choice and not a defect in the infinite divine mercy, which makes the angels' sin unforgivable. 'There is no repentance for the angels after their fall , just as there is no repentance for men after death'." But who are these authors who are only mere humans to judge? Why don't they leave that to God alone?


Somehow I notice that there is a similarity between Satan's story and the prodigal son: Satan as the (original) prodigal son who is lost and, perhaps, longing to be found; that after experiencing all the pleasures of how is it to be like God and to be the Supreme Being of the dark side, he perhaps will realize that there is much greater joy in God's presence and care than to be in darkness without God; and also God as the Father who perhaps is also looking for his long-lost son, which is Satan; and we, the people, are the jealous brother who thinks of the prodigal son not deserving of God's love.


So Satan's conversion is possible or probable? have you wondered why no one asks this question? the answer is no one is interested. we are just like the jealous brother who doesn't care of him. But come to think of it, his conversion ends all misery.

for argument sake, Satan wants to go back to God.

the next important question is . . . will God the Father who of infinite chances, of infinite opportunities and of infinite mercy forgives Satan?


If only the conversion of Satan will be realized, I could already imagine all the people in the world will be living harmoniously: there will be no war, drug addiction, graft and corruption, prostitution, etc. Thus, instead of praying for world peace, I might as well be praying for the conversion of Satan who is the root of all evil.


In addition, I could imagine that there will be great changes in the Church: the seven sacraments will be reduced to five sacraments only such as : Baptism, Confirmation, Holy Orders, Holy Matrimony, and the Holy Eucharist. The Holy Eucharist, I think, will focus more on appraising the Lord since there is no need to preach the Gospel.



As a final point, I do realize that it is up to God who to forgive. Only God knows what to decide - not us.
dxfritz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments